Even worse, most bog bites occur on the owners property and involve children ages 5-9. As a father of a young child, this is extremely frightening.
So we’ve got a few simple basic safety tips to help reduce these dramatic statistics.
1. Never leave children unattended when a dog is nearby or even fenced in.
2. Don’t approach an unfamiliar dog or a dog that is sleeping, eating, or caring for pups.
3. Avoid direct eye contact.
4. If a dog does approach you stand still like a tree. Running and screaming will only make it worse.
5. If knocked over, roll into a ball and remain still.
6. Finally, never pet a dog without allowing it to see and sniff your palm-up, open hand.
By following these simple tips you and your little ones can easily avoid dog bite injuries.
For more information, visit our website or give us a call toll free at (888)449-5343